If you child is absent for the day such as; public holidays, due to illness or holidays then your child will be marked absent on the rolls for the day. Below is a little more detail on each type of absent day.
Public Holidays will be counted as an absent day if:
- If the child would normally have attended the service on that day if it were not a Public Holiday and;
- Fees have been charged in respect of the absent child for the day
- CCB is payable for Public Holidays at the normal rate
On return to the centre after any absence, parents/ guardians must speak with the Nominated Supervisor or classroom staff to sign the attendance sheets indicating a reason why the child was away to ensure that Child Care Benefit is given if eligible and applied during the absence.
Please note: as the centre is not aware of the day a public holiday falls each calendar year. It is the policy of the centre to charge the “normal fee” for all public holidays that occur each calendar year at the centre.
Illness Absence from the Centre
If your child is absent from the centre due to illness, fees are still payable regardless of whether a Medical Certificate is supplied or not. There are no discounts available for illness related absences at the centre. If your child is absent due to illness you are required to initial the Sign In and Out Sheets on your child’s next day of attendance to legally verify the record.
Holiday (Absence) from the Centre
If you request for your child to have a Holiday Absence from the centre, you are required to give two weeks’ notice in writing to the Nominated Supervisor via a letter or by filling out the Holiday Folder located on the front counter or in the Nominated Supervisor’s office. If this required notice is provided by the parent/guardian and is approved, the Nominated Supervisor will apply a 50% discount to the parent’s daily Gap fee.
Please note if your account is not up-to-date or the account is in arrears, the Nominated Supervisor reserves the right not to apply the stated discount which is offered by the company as a “good faith” gesture. If you require more information on this matter please speak with your Nominated Supervisor.
Please note that families are only entitled to take Holidays at the discounted rate (50% of the gap fee) as per the below table per calendar year:
- Children booked in 5 days a weeks are entitled to take 4 weeks’ worth of five days which is equal to 20 days in total;
- Children booked in 4 days a weeks are entitled to take 4 weeks’ worth of four days which is equal to 16 days in total;
- Children booked in 3 days a weeks are entitled to take 4 weeks’ worth of three days which is equal to 12 days in total;
- Children booked in 2 days a weeks are entitled to take 4 weeks’ worth of two days which is equal to 8 days in total;
- Children booked in 1 day a weeks are entitled to take 4 weeks’ worth of one day which is equal to 4 days in total;