Our educational curriculum is a strength and interest based program that has been carefully designed to ensure the inclusion of all children. Our curriculum is centred on the Early Years Learning Framework and the Early Childhood Developmental Domains. We foster children’s physical, cognitive, social, spiritual and emotional development through the goals we set and experiences we provide.
Our qualified educators document children’s learning throughout the year using a range of observation methods. Using their professional knowledge on what they have ‘noticed’, they ‘recognise’ the learning and ‘respond’ according to the children’s strengths and interests.
Your child will be immersed in their own learning journey at Early Learning Centre Mernda with the assistance from their educators and peers. Our natural environment and materials add a unique, warm and inviting feel to the centre.
Activities and experiences your child will have the opportunity to participate in include:
- Weekly custom designed physical activity programs for the children at no extra cost to families
- Establishing and nurturing our vegetable gardens
- Nature play
- Cooking experiences
- Art/Craft activities
- Science experiments
- Music and movement programs
- Introduction to technology
- ELLA language program (for Kindergarten Children)
- Incursions and excursions
This is just to name a few!